Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Why are Hot Wheels Micro-Sedans so Darn Cool? (I know, I know, the 510 has 2 Doors)

Related Posts


The Micro-Sedan. Yeah not exactly an official term, but that's what I like to call sedans that are smaller than the average sedan. Hot Wheels has released a few little sedans the past few years that are too cool to pass up.

This year it was the Time Attaxi, an unlicensed, but souped up version of the ubiquitous Hong Kong taxi. Last year it was a fantasy model, the Simpsons Family Car. I'm not even a Simpsons fan but the Family Car is a (little) big winner. Then, of course, no one forgets the Datsun Bluebird 510. I know there's the whole JDM hype thing associated with the 510, but it's a cool model nonetheless. I know the Hot Wheels replicates the 2-Door version, but many 4-Doors existed in real life. My brother, who collects casually and probably only buys 10 cars a year showed me the 510 way back when it was in the mainline. He'd picked it up and said 'isn't this cool?' It wasn't hyped back then, and if it was, he sure had no clue. My response was 'meh'. Little did I know...

Anyhow, these Hot Wheels miniature sedans are dang cool. I'm not sure why? Maybe because they're small. Maybe because they're unique, yet all retain some element of realism. Whatever the reason, I hope Hot Wheels has another one slated for 2017.

Enjoy the photos, and let me know what your favorite little sedan is in the comments below!


























Happy Collecting!!

From : thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment