Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

My Favorite Matchbox Part 6: Corvette ZR-1

Related Posts


This is installment 6 of the My Favorite Matchbox series of blog posts I've been doing over the past few months. There aren't any rules for this series of posts, except that they will feature my most loved Matchbox castings. The posts aren't meant to rank or order my favorites, but rather intermittently feature models that would wind up in my top 20 or 30 Matchbox castings.

The Corvette ZR-1 is definitely a massive favorite of mine. I love C6 Corvettes, and until the Hot Wheels '09 Corvette ZR-1 casting, this was Mattel's best C6 casting. After Hot Wheels released the '09, I was a big enough fan of the Matchbox that it remains my favorite Mattel C6 to date. The red version pictured here sat on my desk throughout university as motivation (hey, if I worked hard, maybe I'd get a real one). Fast forward to 2016 and I still drive a Civic, but that's okay because at least I can afford some Matchbox ZR-1's.

Here are 3 examples of what is a stunning Matchbox casting. It's a little taller and beefier than Hot Wheels ZR-1's, but it looks right given the beast that the real ZR-1 is. The proportions and curves are nice and the clean decos and proper wheel choices are great. The most recent Shark Week release strays from the whole 'clean deco' thing (for obvious licensing reasons) but it's also a sharp looking offering if you can get past the busy tampo work.

I know there are many versions of this casting (some better looking than the 3 posted here), but unfortunately I've still got some tracking down to do. For now, enjoy the photos!

























Happy Collecting!!

From : thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment