Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

Greenlight Green Machines Deserve to be Cracked Open!

Related Posts


Greenlight Green Machines deserve to be cracked open. This 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 demonstrates that perfectly. The details and nuances of the casting and the sparkly emerald green paint can't be fully appreciated in the blister packaging. So grab a sharp object of some kind and (safely) start cutting open your Green Machine collection. It will be hard at first but once you shed away your programmed preconditioning that's caused you to leave everything packaged, you'll begin to feel free and liberated. I'm just kidding. Sort of, anyways.

There's actually a bit of a story behind this 442. It was the 2nd Green Machine I found in stores but the first I actually bought. Greenlight had just entered the Canadian market and I stopped in at Wal Mart on my way home one day. There on the pegs was a shiny green 1969 Yenko COPO Chevelle. I thought, hey, maybe this is one of those Green Machine things. I grabbed it and turned for the cash register when I realized I'd forgotten my wallet at home when I'd left for work that day. So I left the Greenlight behind. I didn't collect Greenlight anyways and wasn't 100% it was a Green Machine. When I got home, sure enough, it was a Green Machine and when I came back to WalMart the next day, sure enough, it was gone.

I've kicked myself ever since that incident (and I no longer forget my wallet when I go hunting anymore), but a few weeks later I found my 2nd Green Machine, this Olds Cutlass 442. I ended up selling it and using the money for Hot Wheels. Now, as you know, I've become a rabid Greenlight collector and got an opportunity to get the 442 back. I bought it loose, and that was perfectly fine with me. Loose is best, although I regret not having the joy of freeing it myself. So, next time you find a Green Machine, I hope you have your wallet with you. And when you get home, give it a crack...you won't regret it!



















Happy Collecting!!

From : thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment