Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

We Need More Quality 1:64 Scale F1 Diecast!

Related Posts


While I'm stereotyping, many of my North American readers won't share my desire for more high quality 1:64 scale Formula 1 cars. However, much of the world, including myself are huge F1 fans. As an F1 fan and a diecast fan, I want high quality, realistic and detailed Formula 1 models. While there are lots of options that fit that description in 1:43 and 1:32 scale (I've Reviewed One Here), there's a lack of 1:64 scale options. And that's a shame. Not just for 1:64 scale only collectors like me, but for kids who like to hold a model in their hand.

Sure, Hot Wheels has an 'F1 Racer', and I like it, but at $1 it's incredibly generic, doesn't feature sponsor decos and doesn't even really look like what you'll see on the grid today. Back in the day, companies like Italy's Polistil made accurate, realistic F1 cars. I show some in the pictures below and would love to see companies go back to that.

Right now, Bburago and Kyosho are the only companies I follow who are making accurate, modern and detailed 1:64 scale F1 cars. The problem is, neither sell 1:64 scale in North America. The Kyoshos are rather expensive to obtain and ship. I was able to get my hands on a Bburago 1:64 of Sebastian Vettel's World Championship Red Bull from the UK thanks to Instagram's @diecast215 (go follow him). The Bburago is incredibly detailed with sponsorship logos, accurate proportions and flowy lines. The only thing this model is missing that Bburago's 1:43 scale F1 racers get are tire tampos. I can deal with that.

Going forward, I'd like to see more models like Bburago's 1:64 scale Red Bull car make it to North America. Maybe Bburago starts making more 1:64 scale and offers them at Wal Marts in North America. Maybe Majorette starts doing F1 Cars. Or what about Greenlight? They've got licensing rights for the Verizon IndyCar Series which may conflict. Plus they're from Indianapolis and cater to US collectors. But we know Greenlight can do 1:64 scale racers and do them well. Hey, I can dream, right?

For now, we'll have to settle for some photos of this Bburago Red Bull and some well-worn Italian-made Polistils--all in 1:64 scale!

 















Happy Collecting!



via : http://thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment