Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Every Once in Awhile a Hot Wheels Mainline Seems More Valuable than $1...

Related Posts


You know the Hot Wheels mainlines I'm talking about. The ones you pick up every time you walk past them in your man-cave. Or the one you take a 2nd look at before stashing it in a Rubbermaid bin. Worse yet, when you see it in the stores it's nearly impossible to leave behind, even though you have 5 at home already. You're at the pegs desperately wracking your brain for a possible nephew you might give your 6th VW Caddy or Datsun Bluebird Wagon to.

With Mattel putting out nearly 400 basic $1 models a year including re-colors and zamacs, it's hard to keep track. Yet every year there seems to be 5 or so models that stick out like a sore thumb. They're so well cast, so well detailed and perfectly decorated that the $1 price point boggles your mind. I find myself asking how such a work of art is only $1? Of course I'm aware of all of the plasticky Micky-Mouse models that feel like 50 cents would be too much to ask, but I can't help but marvel at some of the absolute gems Mattel has included in the mainline over the years.

I've picked out a few such gems from the past 4 years (2013-16) that have me stopping and staring. I don't know if it's the extra tampo work, perfect decoration or spot-on casting choices, but at $1 these Hot Wheels are a good kind of head-scratcher...






















 Happy Collecting!!

via : http://thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment