Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Ford F-350 Stakebed and why Matchbox Continues to Impress!

Related Posts

 
I'm having a lot of fun with Matchbox lately. I guess you could say I'm on a Matchbox kick resulting from a few different factors. First, my local Walmart stores are actually up-to-date on Matchbox cases, while still stuck on Hot Wheels 'C' cases. Second, the low price point is allowing me to snap them up quicker than I can pick up the Greenlight models I enjoy. So here I am really appreciating Matchbox, but the real reason I'm enjoying collecting the Orange right now are the realistic models Matchbox is delivering. I feel like Matchbox and Hot Wheels are both developing their own distinct styles, and the Ford F-350 stake-bed is the perfect example of what Matchbox's evolving style should be.

The F-350 is a realistic, licensed model, that wouldn't be out of place at a farm or on a construction site. While Matchbox is delivering us Teslas and Jaguars, I'm happy they're continuing to rely on the workhorses they've become known for. Utility vehicles and work machines are incredibly cool when they're licensed. Sure, the stake bed part of the truck is pure plastic, but it fits. It would be unrealistic to expect a metal stake bed on a one dollar piece. Of course Matchbox could've done a traditional truck bed in metal, but that wouldn't scream Matchbox as much as this tilting stake bed does. We now have 3 releases of it, with mainline releases in each 2014, 2015 and 2016. The 2015 'Goldwood Farms' deco is by far my favorite sample, but the two construction liveries are equally appropriate.

This Ford F-350 stakebed deserves a place as a Matchbox staple next to the new Ford F-150 Contractor's truck and Chevy Silverado 1500. I can't help but enjoy this model and the way Matchbox seems to be headed. What do you think?













Happy Collecting!!

via : http://thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment