Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Brand New Hot Wheels Mystery Models Foil Packs have Arrived!

Related Posts


 Another set of Hot Wheels Mystery Models Foil Packs (that's a mouthful) are hitting Wal-Mart stores. I'm not sure if every country is getting them, but they're turning up here in Canada. Usually I don't get too excited over the Hot Wheels Mystery Models and this time around I'm not overly excited either, but Mattel did throw us collectors a bone with the Honda Civic SI and a Mustang Laguna Seca. The 'chase' piece (made in the same quantity as every other car in the set) is the Rocket Box and obviously leaves a lot to be desired.

I was so focused on finding the Civic, I forgot to grab a Mustang. Since I don't collect Mustangs, that's okay for me, but I would've liked to show some photos of it in this post. The Civic alone, though is worth getting excited about. In an era of JDM-everything, it's no surprise the Civic will be the star of the bunch. I'm going to jump on the bandwagon with this one too. It's not the greatest casting ever, but it's a cool casting of a realistic car we see on the streets everyday (minus the spoiler).

I personally own a Civic (different generation and style from this one), so I enjoy picking up diecast Civics. I also just started collecting Hot Wheels in 2006 and one of the coolest new models back then was this Civic SI casting in lime green livery with gold FTE wheels. Along with the 1:64 scale memories this one brings back, a college buddy of mine had a 1:1 of nearly this exact car in blue. We definitely made a few midnight Red Bull runs and drifted down more than a few side-streets made possible by Canadian winters and the snow they bring.

Beyond my memories of this car, there are other reasons to enjoy it. It's a realistic car in a series littered with duds. Licensed Honda livery on the sides adds to the casting and the bright red paint really pops. Enjoy!

















Happy Hunting!



via : http://thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment