Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

It's Great to have Johnny Lightning Back!

Related Posts


Today's post is a bit on the shorter side, but I needed an excuse to get these Johnny Lightning '61 Lincoln Continental photos on the blog. This casting is too cool. I love the suicide doors and vinyl top. Stellar. The color is a dark, purply gray. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it looks good. The details and styling are all spot on.

Castings like the decade-old '61 Continental from Johnny Lightning make me happy that Round 2 has brought the brand back to life this past year. 10-15 years ago, Johnny Lightning was what Greenlight, Auto World and M2 are today: Brands that focus on premium, realistic diecast for the adult collector in the $4-10 price range.

It's great to have Johnny Lightning back, because it opens up Round 2 to bring in castings that might not fit in its Auto World lineup or that other non-Round 2 brands haven't touched. I'm thinking about upcoming castings like the 1970 Chevy Vega Wagon, 1978 Dodge Warlock and 1981 Datsun 240SX. There are a lot of great '70's and '80's cars that need to get casted at a premium level and Johnny Lightning seems poised to do it. In fact they already are doing it. Take this '61 Continental. Not the very most popular year for Continentals, but JL executed.

To be honest, I only have a few Johnny's in my collection. However, I think that will change as Round 2 breathes new life into the brand. If it's anything like what they've achieved with Auto World, we're in for a treat. Now lets step up with some international distribution from Round 2!







Happy Collecting!

via : http://thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment