Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Casting Up-to-Date: McLaren P1!

Related Posts


The McLaren P1 hasn't gotten the love it's deserved on this blog. It was mysteriously excluded from my 'top new models of 2015' post and I haven't shown it on the blog. That's a shame, really. The P1 is one of the fastest cars in the world and is stunningly beautiful. Hot Wheels replicated it quite well, and that deserves some attention. Since I've completed the casting, I thought it a perfect time to show off the British beauty.

The P1's curvy lines, front/rear detailing and clean decoration make it a no-brainer to pick up from the pegs. There's not a ton more I can say about this model. The clean side profile combined with front and back detailing give it a Matchbox-esque feeling. Complaints? It's a little plastic-y as seems to be the trend at Mattel these days. The roof is part of the plastic window piece and the side panels are part of the plastic base. Metal is minimal on this casting. That's a disappointment for me, but aesthetically it's not a big detractor. At a $1 price point I'm not too worried about the plastic, honestly.

To conclude simply, the McLaren P1 is a fantastic replica of a fantastic supercar at a fantastic price point. Enjoy!
































Happy Collecting!!

From : thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment