Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Building an M2 Model Kit...

Related Posts


Say what? I thought you stopped collecting M2. Yeah, I did, with the exception of the Econoline/Falcon Club Wagon casting(s). I can't give up the vans. I quit collecting M2 because of quality issues, and not because I don't like their product. I no longer own any M2s beyond the vans. While I still get the odd quality issue, the Econolines are so nice I've exempted them from my boycott.

The latest Econoline from M2 is a 'Model Kit' release. Model Kits allow the collector to 'build' the vehicle themselves. You get an interior, body, a pair of seats, a dashboard and 2 sets of wheels and tires to create your own M2 Machine. Think of it as the IKEA of 1/64 scale diecast. I have two things to say about it. It's darn tedious building these things and my hands are way too big, which exacerbated my struggles. I really hope the factory employees don't struggle with these things as much as I did. Putting the tires on the rims was a dreadful task at best.

While I had my difficulties, there was a sense of novelty that came with building my own diecast car. Plus, it only took 15 minutes to build, gratifying far more quickly than building a typical model kit of a 1/18 scale car does. Having 2 sets of wheels to choose from (technically 4 combos because the tires pair with either wheels set) is a nice feature too. Oh, and it comes with a cool hoist to display it on.

Ultimately I would've rather this Econoline showed up in a simple acrylic display case. It would've saved me 2-3 bucks, 15 minutes of my day and some mild irritation. On the flip side, I wouldn't have a cool all-metal 1/64 scale hoist, the sheer kid-like fun of building an (albeit simple) model car or a blog post. At the end of the day it was fun to build the M2 Model Kit. I don't think I'll buy one again unless it's an Econoline, but I'd still highly recommend the model kits to anyone who gets an itch to build something or work with their hands. They're a small diversion and only take 15 minutes to assemble, but the fun and novelty makes up for the hassle.

Enjoy the photos...

































Happy Collecting!!

From : thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment