Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2016

My Favorite Matchbox Part 7: 2015 Jaguar F-Type

Related Posts


It's been awhile since I've done a 'my favorite Matchbox' post, but that's fitting considering it took me awhile to find the Jaguar F-Type in stores. This sleek Jag meanly debuted in black in the 2015 mainline. It was followed up with a 2016 release in orange. Tiger colored Jaguars have to be fun, right? Anyhow, the 2015 black F-Type didn't show up at my local retailers until early 2016, but when it showed, it was one of those pieces that instantly wowed me when I saw it hanging on the pegs.

The sleek curves, nice shape and extra details make for a lean, clean Jag. Everything was right on the model. I really couldn't (and still can't) find fault with it at a $1 price point. The orange follow up is nice, but doesn't beat the black debut. THowever, the orange release is a little brighter, so you can better enjoy some of the details. One of the nicest F-Type touches is the Jaguar insignia below the rear window.

The F-Type is everything a Matchbox should be. It's a stock, off-the-lot car, albeit a very expensive one. There are no side tampos. (When's the last time you saw a car with side decorations in the grocery store parking lot?) The wheel choice is A+ and the front/rear details are all there. Headlights, taillights, etc. Oh, and the 'glass' is a realistic color. No yellow or orange windshield. The F-Type defines clean diecast, and that's why it joins the ranks of my favorite Matchbox castings. Enjoy...























Happy Collecting!!

From : thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment