Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The New NYPD 5-Pack from Matchbox is a Winner!

Related Posts

  Yesterday I showcased the brand new Matchbox City 5-Pack. A couple weeks earlier, Matchbox released another enjoyable 5-Pack, this time with NYPD licensed liveries. Anytime I get licensed decorations on a $1 vehicle, I'm a happy camper. Matchbox hits this 2016 5-Pack out of the yard. There is only one car I'd consider a dud, the Matchbox SUV, and the rest are all awesome choices, especially that Dodge Charger Pursuit, yet another example of a great casting we showcased last week. Let's go through them one-by-one.

The Dodge Charger Pursuit is the easy winner here for me. It's the best modern police-vehicle casting Matchbox has ever done, and now we're seeing it in deco belonging to what is perhaps the most iconic police force in the world. Perfect.






 Second, for me, is the Meter Maid. I never paid this vehicle much attention when it first came out, but to see it in licensed form is very cool. I imagine thorn-in-the-side traffic cops writing parking tickets all over New York City in these. Plus, it really fits the Matchbox mold of unique work and utility type vehicles.



 A close third is the GMC Tow Truck. This thing is an absolute stunner. I had the 'Parkhill Towing' model as a kid, and while the tow hook back then moved back and forth, this model is nearly the same and brings back lots of memories. Very neat.



 Fourth place, for me, is the Chevrolet Suburban. It's a nice, licensed model that looks like a real Chevy Suburban, and while I've always thought this casting is too narrow for its length and height (messing up the scale), it looks solid in NYPD get-up.




Fifth for me is a casting I really don't like, the Matchbox SUV, but I get the thinking behind choice here. There are already 3 licensed vehicles in the pack and the SUV casting looks somewhat like a real SUV, so why not use it?


 Overall, I'm a fan. This is easily the best 5-pack we've seen since the Exotic 5-Pack earlier this year or the Classic Rides 5-Pack from late last year.


Happy Collecting!!

via : http://thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment