Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Just Plain Old Cool: The Greenlight Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in the Raw!

Related Posts

Certain diecast pieces are just plain old cool. There's no special history behind the car, it's not hyper-rare, it's not an error or a card variation or something unique that's never been done before. It's just rad. For whatever reason, we all have those cars that appeal to us but we're not really sure why. For me, the Greenlight Chevy Silverado 1500 from the raw-chase Motor World Army Diorama (did you get all that?) is just plain fun to look at.

I don't know why I like this pickup so much. Unlike every other Greenlight Silverado, this one has a plastic base. Bummer. And the tires are green. (?!?!!) There goes the realism. Yes it's a 'raw chase', which makes it rare(ish), but I don't much care how rare something is if it's not cool. Yet this truck is insanely cool. One reason it appeals to me is the camouflage tampos that look incredible over top of the zamac base color. The non-chase has a military green, but the camo really stands out and looks unique on top of the zamac.

The other reason I'm a huge fan of this one is the incredible job Greenlight has done with the Silverado casting. I'm not necessarily a huge Chevy truck fan, although I do like them, and I don't drive one, so I have no horse in this race, but the Silverado 1500 is really well cast. Greenlight got all the detailing spot on. If you look closely some versions even say 'Chevrolet' on the tops of the truck-bed sides. The separate plastic pieces used for all 4 headlamps are great too.

While the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a masterfully executed Greenlight casting, I still can't pinpoint what's so great about this model. So I'll leave it at plain-old-cool. Enjoy the photos.







Happy Collecting!!

via : http://thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment