Pages

Monday, April 10, 2017

The First 3 Hot Wheels ZAMACs of 2017 are Looking Mighty Fine...

Related Posts


ZAMAC alloy was created by the New Jersey Zinc Company back in 1929. The acronym stands for the metals comprising the alloy: zinc, aluminum, magnesium and copper. Since this isn't high school science class, all we really need to know is that the ZAMAC alloy has served as the metal component in Hot Wheels cars since 1968. Thanks to the spiffy paint jobs that Hot Wheels feature, collector's don't get to see the raw metal too often, especially if they're not customizers.

However, with the Wal-Mart exclusive ZAMAC series that's been a number of years running, collectors get to purchase raw, unpainted versions of their favorites sans paint. The tampo work and clear coat usually remains. The series is a novel concept on Mattel's part and there's something undeniably cool about the raw look.

Now that we have a bit of background, let's skip right to the first ZAMAC releases of 2017. First things first, I'd like to note that Canadian Wal-Marts finally carry ZAMACs. After years of envy, us Canadian collectors can get in on the ZAMAC action with our friends down south. That brings me to my next point of interest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen US and Canadian Wal-Marts both got the Custom '01 Acura Integra GSR and the Tooned Dodge Charger Daytona. However, Canadian Wal-Marts got the Ford Focus RS as their 3rd ZAMAC while US Wal-Marts got the fantasy model 'Zotic'. If that's the case, Canada got a slightly better end of the deal. But if you're in the US, I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before the Focus shows up.

So here are 3 of the first 4 ZAMACs of 2017. No, I'm not reviewing the Zotic because it didn't show up locally and, heck, it's the Zotic. I hope you enjoy these 3 ZAMACs as much as I do!



















Happy Collecting!!

From : thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment